Follow-up consultation One of the biggest misconceptions among the patients is that their care ends when they are discharged. Even if you see clearly and feel great immediately after your procedure, follow-up appointments are very important after your surgery.
- Follow-up appointments are also scheduled in case of general eye examinations. Depending on the condition you have, you may need a follow-up appointment with your eye specialist.
- Generally you will have several follow-up visits so that your ophthalmologist can monitor your vision and make sure your eyes are healing properly.
- Visual acuity will be tested by determining the smallest letters you can read on a standardized eye chart. Each eye will be tested individually by our Optometrist to determine your best vision at distance and near.
- A refraction, which checks any possible need for a glasses prescription, will be performed to determine the best focus for your eyes.
- Once the optometrist completes the basic eye examination, your ophthalmologist will perform other tests based on the need, depending on what the preceding parts of your examination have revealed.
- After the examination, your ophthalmologist will discuss the results of the exam with you and answer any questions you might have!
- With a little bit of preparation, your follow-up appointment will be a simple process. It is always better to take a few moments beforehand to keep yourself ready, and your eyes will thank you for it.