On a mission for better vision
Anand Eye Institute is a tertiary care eye hospital, a teaching institute for medical, surgical, para-medical and non-clinical or administrative skills, a socially responsible company (through its charitable SAVERANAND NETHRALAYA) and a place for healing and tranquillity; Specialist surgeons, trained and practised in individual specialisations, Latest equipment, supporting infrastructure and facilities bundled into a 5 storey, 50 bedded, 16000 SFT lavish structure.
- 10 OPD consultation rooms
- 5 Optometry and work up rooms
- 50 bedded
- General ward, doubleand triple sharing rooms, single private rooms.
- 4 Major and 1 minor Operation Theatres
- All Ophthalmology diagnostics
- Optical shop
- Passenger and stretcher (automated) elevator
- Full fire safety compliance
- Full time UPS Back up and Auto – switch Diesel generator
- 24 x 7 surveillance premises
- high powered motion sensory and night vision security cameras
- 100 seated waiting areas
- Wheel Chairs and Stretcher
- 3D projector displays and Digital HD Audio systems in conference hall effective communication
- Board Room
- Locations: Habsiguda, Tarnaka, Kondapur, Mahabubnagar (upcoming)
Take a tour of the hospital. Visit our Gallery
- Fundus Photography – Literally it is a Photo of the Fundus of the eye. The Fundus of the eye is the entire inside surface of the eye comprising of Retina, Macula, Optic disc and Posterior pole. High definition photographs are taken by a high definition Digital SLR camera mounted on an intricate arrangement of reflective mirrors that take accurate pictures from different angles. Fundus photos in combination with Fundus Angiography is used for diagnosis of Glaucoma and various retinal disorders like Retinal Detachments
- Fundus Fluroscein Angiography – Angiography is a medical imaging and diagnostic technique for visualising the blood vessels. FFA is a similar procedure for visualising the vessels in the retina and the choroid. A small amount of yellow – flouriscien dye is injected into the arm that travels to the vessels of the eye, which when illuminated with blue light shows clearly demarcated vessels, which are photographed by specialised camera. Most commonly advised for Vitreal Haemorrhage, Age related Macular Degeneration and neo vascularisation in diabetic retinopathy
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) - OCT is a well-established medical imaging and diagnostic technique used to understand the condition of the different layers of the Retina and Choroid, which are multi layered structures. Any disturbance to any structure in any layer like, oedema of the retina or the choroid, will affect the overall vision. OCT projects a 3D image of all the layers of the retina and choroid with the help of which ophthalmologists can arrive at a diagnosis and plan further treatment.
The AngioVue OCTA : The new Angio OCT is designed to prepare an angiogram report without the use of the Flouroscien dye. OCT-Angiography (OCTA) – is a new way of seeing the presence of blood flow in the vessels of the eye. It enables ophthalmologists to assess ocular diseases with unprecedented detail The AngioVue is the only commercially available OCTA system capable of imaging the structure of the small blood vessels of the eye, through a non-invasive procedure. Meaning, the revolutionary new machine takes high quality 3d images without the need of the dye injection.
Cons with the conventional procedure:
- The dye in the blood stream can cause nausea or vomiting.
- The test cannot be repeated as excess amount of dye in the blood causes pooling, which stimulates side effects.
- It takes a minimum of 24 hrs for the dye to exit the blood stream.
- Conventional OCT – A conventional OCT system can visualise structural change such as the presence of fluid, elevations or disruptions in retinal layers. However, it cannot visualise changes in the microvasculature.
- OCT-Angiography OCT – Angiography helps the clinician identify changes in the microvasculature, such as formation new blood vessels associated with Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD). The AngioVue visualises flow through motion contrast micro vascular details, which may not be visible in traditional Fluorescein Angiography (FA) or Indocyanine Green (ICG)*.
Now you can avail the benefits of latest technology at Anand Eye Institute. In the use of this technology we are one of the first few centres in the country and the very first in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
- B-Scan (Ultrasound) – Is another medical imaging technique that is used to enhance what an ophthalmologist can see inside your eye. A B scan sends ultrasonic waves and produces readings as a two-dimensional cross section view of the entire eye and orbit. This is used typically to (but not limited to) evaluate the strength of the back of the eye when the view is blocked by senile mature CATARACT. The decision of performing the cataract surgery and predicting the outcome of the surgery depends on the readings from B scan.
- Lasers : Lasers play a very important role in ophthalmology. Ever since the introduction of different types of lasers in the treatment of eye conditions the global rate of loss of vision has been considerably controlled.
- Indirect laser is one such revolutionary laser treatment that is developed to treat an array of conditions like closure of retinal micro vascular abnormalities, perivascular leakages etc. The indirect laser is used to perform a procedure called Retinal Photocoagulation which means coagulation of retinal tissue using light. Indirect lasers can also be used as a preventive measure to avoid complications in certain conditions like Retinopathy of prematurity, Age related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- ROP Laser – ROP laser is laser like Indirect laser and is used to treat ROP. ROP or Retinopathy of Prematurity is condition that is developed in the eyes of babies that are born prematurely. During pregnancy, the development of blood vessels in the retina usually starts in the 16th week and is finished by the end of 8th month. In a premature baby the normal retinal vessel growth may be disrupted which causes new abnormal vessels to develop. These abnormally developed vessels have the tendency to rupture and bleed and ultimately causing detachment of the retina which in turn causes total permanent blindness. The ROP laser stops the development of these blood vessels and avoids Retinal Detachments.
ROP does not give any signs or symptoms until total vision loss. The only way to diagnose is precautionary check-ups by an ophthalmologist.
- YAG Laser – (Yttrium Aluminium Garnet Laser) YAG laser is used to treat Posterior Capsular Opacification, a condition which may be termed as a Secondary cataract as it is developed after a cataract surgery with similar symptoms. YAG laser is also mainly used for Peripheral Iridotomy, to remove a part of the iris as a part of treatment of Glaucoma and for pan retinal photocoagulation in patients with Diabetic retinopathy.
- Endo Laser
- Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Visual Field Analyzer : The three-dimensional space that one eye can see with all its movements and focussing abilities is called its Visual Field. The normal horizontal human visual field for each eye is about 95 degrees towards the ear and 60 degrees towards the nose from standard line of sight. and the normal vertical human visual field is about 50 degrees up and 70 degrees down from the standard line of sight, without the movement of the head.
The Visual field is also called as the cone of vision developed as combination of horizontal and vertical fields. A specific amount of visual field is mandatory to get a license for driving in many countries.
The visual field is seriously hampered by conditions like the Glaucoma and Squint. The extent of functional field can be tested with the Humphrey’s Visual Field Analyser.
- ORB scan : Also, known as the Corneal Topography. As the name suggest this test scans the posterior surface topography (the ups and downs on a surface) of the cornea. The ORB scan determines if one is suitable for the LASIK. For successful vision correction through LASIK, a minimum thickness is necessary for the Cornea, which is the outmost layer of the eye and is one of the most important parts for refraction. The topography is also used for any other procedures that need to be performed on the cornea or vision enhancement.
- A scan : is an ultrasound test of the eye used to determine the length of the eye ball. The length of the eye in combination with the refractive capacities of the lens and cornea determines the power or sight. The common use of this test is to decide the power of the Intra ocular lens that is used to replace the natural lens in cases of CATARACTS.
Cataract is degenerative disorder of the lens, which by become opaque causes obstruction to vision. It requires the lens to be removed surgically and be replaced by an artificial IOL for vision restoration.
- Computerised Vision Testing (Auto-refractors) : An auto-refractor is an equipment used by optometrists and ophthalmologists during an eye test to determine one’s error in refraction. This is computer controlled equipment that measures how a light is being passed through the eye and determines the refractive power of the eye. Based on the results from an AR an optometrist may perform a manual refraction for confirmation and prescribe glasses or contact lens.
- Keratometer : This device is used to measure the curvature of the cornea across various meridians. The curvature of the cornea determines its power of refraction. With an uneven cornea with different curvatures in different directions the person develops a condition called Astigmatism. Measurement of astigmatism is very important for prescribing contact lens or to perform LASIK, Cataract and other surgical procedures that effect the vision post operatively.
- Phaco machines
- Viterectomy machine
- Anesthesia equipment
- Minor operation theatre maintained under strict and sterile conditions
- CSSD – autoclave, flash
- Sterile practices – fumigation, heppa filters, isolated theatre complex, anti-bacterial flooring and wall paints.
- Strictly reserved entry
- Qualified and experienced Nursing